In the online proctoring mode, when the entire process is controlled and monitored by a person, the number of violations increases, because the person can notice the violation by indirect signs.
The following additional violations are registered:
· The usage of phones, tablets, and other gadgets and devices;
· The usage of TeamViewer, Skype, RemoteAdmin, and other desktop broadcasting software;
· The usage of virtual machines and thin clients to pass an examination by a third party;
· The usage of books, notes, and drafts;
· The usage of calculators (if prohibited);
· All cases of non-verbal communication (winks, hand movements, nodding, etc.).
Examus automatically marks all potential rule violations and adds them to the report. Each violation entry contains information about the type of violation, such as moving the eyes away from the screen or changing a window, and a timestamp.
Based on the results of the exam, the online proctoring system calculates the overall probability of violations during the exam: green zone means low probability, yellow — medium, and red-high.
In other words, Examus can immediately determine who has to be checked first.
It means that based on the results of the exam, we can do the following actions for each of the students:
· View and listen to recordings from the camera, microphone, and desktop;
· View all potential violations in chronological order;
· By clicking on any violation, one can view the records of what was happening at that particular moment.